The Dos and Don’ts of Power Washing Brick Patio
Power washing a brick patio can help to restore it to its former glory. It is important to take the right precautions and follow the correct procedures in order to get the desired results. However, there are some dos and don’ts that you should keep in mind when power washing this type of surface. In this article, we will take a look at the dos and don’ts of power washing brick patio, so that you can ensure that the job is done properly and safely.
Power washing the brick patio can be a daunting task. Not only is it labor intensive, it requires the right kind of equipment and proper knowledge. There are certain things you should do to ensure the job goes as smoothly as possible, and others you should avoid at all costs. Here is a list of dos and don’ts when it comes to power washing brick patios- follow them to make sure your patio looks as good as new!
- Make sure to use a pressure washer that is appropriate for the material you are working with. Different materials require different levels of pressure, and using the wrong one can cause damage. This is especially true for brick patios, as the pressure of the washer can easily cause cracks or other damage.
- Always wear appropriate safety gear when power washing. This includes things like goggles, gloves and long clothing to protect yourself from potential splashes or debris. Make sure the area is clear of any obstructions before you start.
- Start with a low pressure setting and slowly increase it until desired results are achieved. This is important to make sure you don’t damage the brick and cause any unnecessary wear and tear. The higher pressure settings should be used for tougher jobs.
- When you are finished, make sure to rinse off the patio with a garden hose to ensure there is no leftover soap or debris. This is important to prevent any potential staining or discoloration. Rinsing with the hose will also help remove any residue that can attract dirt or debris.
- Don’t use a pressure washer that is too powerful for the material you are working with. You should always be sure to use the correct pressure level, as high-pressure settings can damage softer materials like brick. This can cause damage to the surface and reduce its lifespan.
- Don’t use a pressure washer without proper safety gear. Pressure washers can be dangerous if not used correctly, so make sure you are wearing protective clothing and that the area is free of any obstructions.
- Don’t forget to rinse off the patio with a garden hose after you’re done. This is important to make sure you don’t leave any soap or debris behind that can cause staining or discoloration.
- Don’t use a pressure washer on areas with new mortar or sealant, as this can easily be damaged by the high-pressure water. If there are any newly applied applications, make sure to wait until they have dried completely before power washing them.
By following these dos and don’ts of power washing brick patio, you will ensure that your patio looks its best for years to come! With a little bit of care and attention, you can quickly restore your brick patio back to its former glory.